Chicken Marsala is a wonderful dish for a lovely dinner:
You will need: 3 whole chicken breast which have been split, skinned and boned, 1 egg beaten,
1/4 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of flour, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 2 Tb olive oil, 3 tb. butter
Also: 1 green pepper, cut into small strips, 1 bunch of green onions chopped, 1/2 pound of mushrooms cleaned and sliced, 1clove garlic mashed, 1 cup of Marsala Cooking Wine, 1 cup of chicken broth
Begin this preparation about 2 hours before your meal because you will be refrigerating the battered chicken for 2 hours:
1. Flatten the chicken with a mallet between pieces of wax paper
2. Combine the egg and milk in a shallow dish. Combine flour, salt and pepper on wax paper.
Dip chicken pieces into egg mix, then flour mix, coat all sides. Now refrigerate for 2 hours!
(If you are out of time skip the refrigeration process and keep going)
3. Heat oil and butter in large skillet. Brown chicken pieces on both sides. Remove to platter.
4. Saute green pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic in skillet until barely tender. Remove to a small bowl.
5. Add the wine and chicken broth to pan and boil uncovered for 5 minutes.
6. Put chicken and vegetables in the pan and heat all through.
7. Serve over buttered noodles made according to package instructions.