I can't believe this recipe popped out today....I put it on schedule months ago being sure I would make it and have photos.....I will leave it here and add a photo later!
Fresh oranges top this elegant tart....very impressive! Lovely for a brunch setting:
You will need: 1 package 12 oz frozen thawed patty shells (Pepperidge Farms makes them) not to be confused with pastry shells
6 medium size oranges- seedless please!
4 egg yolks, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour, 1 tsp grated lemon rind
6 ladyfingers with each one cut into 4 slices lengthwise, 1/2 cup apricot preserves, 1 Tb sugar and 6 tablespoons of Grand Marnier
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees
2. Arrange patty shells in a circel on a floured pastry cloth or board and roll out keeping a circular shape to a 12" round. Fit into 9" layered quiche pan or tart pan with removable bottom. Turn edge under and crimp to sides. Fit a piece of foil into the shell and fill it with beans or rice.
3. Drop oven temperature to 400 degrees and bake shell 15 minutes...remove foil and beans. Sprinkle bottom of tart with sugar and prick with a fork. Put back in the oven 15-20 minutes longer until golden. cool
4. Grate 1 orange and reserve in small bowl. Squeeze about 3 oranges to yield 1 1/2 cups juice.
5. Orange Cream: Beat egg yolks in top of double boiler. Beat in sugar and flour and stir in orange juice. Cook over hot (not boiling) water 7 minutes or until thick. Add the lemon and orange rind which was grated.
6. Split the 6 ladyfingers in half and slice again lengthwise.
7. In small saucepan simmer apricot preserves with 1 Tb sugar and 2 Tb Grand Marnier. Cool and sit aside for topping.
8. Slice 2 oranges paper thin and remove any seeds. Lay out on baking sheet and bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes sprinkle with 4 Tb Grand Marnier Let cool 10 min
9. Spoon orange cream into shell and arrange ladyfinger slices on top, then orange slices and sprinkle with any juice left
10 Topping: The sauce (#7) get brushed on top of the oranges. Cool. Refrigerate till ready to serve.